What's the best way to honor a sunny, spunky little one gone to Heaven much too soon? Join us as we bake, skip, squat, color, leapfrog, and simply remember our way through our first Summer without Logan. And watch as I try to answer the question: are there great answers and healing to be found in One Summer of Fun?

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lunchie Munchie Crunchie

That's a pretty corny post title, but I can still hear my 6th grade teacher saying that before lunchtime each day. So there it is.

A few weeks ago, one of my old post-college/pre-marriage roommates, Andrea, contacted me to see if I'd like to get together. And today was the day. We headed out to Denica's, a local cafe, at 11 for an early lunch that bled into the afternoon. There was much eating (mostly of cheese-related products, since my kids and Andrea's all chose either grilled cheese or quesadillas -- go figure!) and then much playing for the little peeps and chatting for us ladies.

Here are the short people --Jacob, Annabelle, Abby, Isaac and Brady-- after they did a bang-up job of cleaning up the play area:

...and us moms:

Great seeing you guys!

1 comment:

  1. love this! i really did love seeing you today and i couldn't believe it was 2:30 the first time i even looked at a clock! you've always been so easy to talk to and 10 years hasn't changed that for me. thank you :) thank you for enduring all my questions and spending a gorgeous summer day with the bidwell brood. i'd like to make a habit of this!

    ReplyDelete