What's the best way to honor a sunny, spunky little one gone to Heaven much too soon? Join us as we bake, skip, squat, color, leapfrog, and simply remember our way through our first Summer without Logan. And watch as I try to answer the question: are there great answers and healing to be found in One Summer of Fun?

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

And... I'm Behind!

Well, it didn't take me long to fall behind. Oops. It's mostly because it hasn't been a particularly exciting week so far. Monday, Isaac and Brady (who I refer to as 'the little boys') had their 4-year and 18-month check-ups, respectively. Here they are before the needles came out:

I don't have an 'after' photo, but I'm sure you can imagine the scene: Brady screaming, Isaac crying, Abby screaming AND crying because Brady accidentally ripped the straw hat she was wearing. Ah, the symphony. Anyway, Brady is still small, hovering around 20-25% for height and weight. Isaac continues to be more of a 75% man. He also, as it turns out, earned a referral to occupational therapy thanks to poor balance and poor fine motor skills. (And that's in addition to the speech issues he's had for years and a dogged refusal to potty train.) So I pretty much walked out of there feeling like a complete failure.

Tuesday was a bit better. We made what I termed Super Brownies: box mix jazzed up with candy/toppings I could find in the pantry, including M&Ms (handily squirreled away after Easter), mini marshmallows and caramel topping.

Were they awesome? Not really. The M&Ms were impossible to find post-baking (much to Isaac's great disappointment), and the marshmallow turned into a mushy, chewy mess. But not bad. Nope, definitely not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment